To protect ourselves, our families, and our schools, it is important to know how the Corona Virus spreads and how we can best take action to prevent illness in our centers. As an in-person we have developed a protocol for our new normal. Thank you for your patience and understanding. We are doing our best to remain in operation, serving our families, and be helpful to our community.
Note: Kids in the Grove is currently not accepting drop ins. We are doing our best to keep our bubble safe and secure.
For our Students:
- Sanitize after every meal and after each toy played/activity
- Must bring a paper bag or Ziploc bag lunch. Cloth lunch bags will not be accepted
- Must bring their own water bottle (we are unable to provide cups and utensils at this time)
- If students become sick during attendance, they will quickly be separated from their class in a resting area with a staff member. Parents you will be notified immediately. The ill student may return to the center with a doctor’s note
- No access to the schools’ playground currently
- Students MUST bring Inside Shoes!
- Students will not be allowed to go back to their classes if an item is forgotten.
For our Parents:
- Upon students’ arrival, parents must answer Covid-19 questions before entry
- If answer is “yes” to Covid-19 questions, child will not be accepted and must return with their parent. Child is to remain home for 10 days before returning to the center; a doctor’s note must be provided to the center to confirm there is no case present
- Students who attend After School Care Only: Parents dropping off will be asked Covid-19 questions (please allow time for this before heading to work).
- Our staff will sign all students in/out while parents remain outside
- Parents MUST remain outside upon drop off in the morning and pick up in the afternoon.
For our Staff:
- Upon arrival to work/centers, all staff must be washing hands and sanitizing
- Ensure all students wash hands/sanitize upon entry of the centers
- Sanitize after every meal
- Staff will wear mask and gloves will tending to a sick student
- If an ill student is on premises, staff will sanitize any resting or contact areas
- If a staff member becomes sick during attendance, they will immediately depart for home. Staff may return to work with a doctor’s note
Covid-19 Operating Hours
- Both locations are open
- Daycare 3-5 and School Age Care are temporarily being mixed with Fraser Health Exemption in place allowing us to do so
- Open Monday to Friday, 7am to 5:30pm, Ages 3-12, Preschool-Grade 7
- We have limited childcare space to adhere to social distancing
- ECE/ECEA Staff are present and ready to supervise