- 5 Cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tbsp, salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup veg, oil
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 russet potatoes and 1 sweet potato
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Boil potatoes until soft- drain and mash with butter, sour cream and cheese. Let cool.
- In bowl, mix flour and salt. Make a “well” in the center of the flour. Mix oil, warm water, and egg- pour into the flour “well.” Mix dough, knead with hands- add flour if sticky. Roll out on counter with rolling pin. Cut out circles with cookie cutter.
- Add teaspoon of potato mixture to center of dough circle- fold in half and pinch edges together so they stick
- Boil until they float, then fry in melted butter and onions if desired.